I'm renovating my blog (again). You will see a few changes in the coming week. So please bear with me :)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Success Story

I recently tried getting Ryad and Nael in the habit of sleeping on their own. I was pleasantly surprised at how fast they learned and also disappointed that I didn't try it before. Like always most of the time this was one of Daddy's brainstorms.
Earlier, Whenever they seemed ready to go to sleep I insisted on cuddling them then rocking them to sleep. Now all I have to do is tuck them in with their favorite blanket (for Nael) and plush toy (for Ryad), hand them a bottle of milk, kiss them good-night, turn off the lights and walk away. It’s as easy as that. 

I am over the moon with this new progress. Both of them were always difficult sleepers and I kind of thought I needed a crutch to put them to sleep (the crutch was first in the form of a bouncer, then an automatic swing, sometimes a glider and finally my own lap). These were by no means necessary for them but it sure made things a whole lot faster for me and when you have twins, fast is good. Ryad still needs a little work but Nael is pro now. Nonetheless I'm super proud of both of them and wowed at their yet another step towards big boyhood.


I took this photo when Nael went to sleep on his own for the first time. I wasn't even in the room, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet

My photo
I started blogging only after my twin boys turned a year old. Here I am recapturing the special moments and attempting to create new ones that make my life even more amazing. Why I didn't start before this? Well, I was busy traveling and discovering the fun life with twins and also catching up on my sleep when I got the time.

Followers

Meet These Bloggers

Blog Archive