I'm renovating my blog (again). You will see a few changes in the coming week. So please bear with me :)

Friday, February 5, 2010

Shrimp Garbanzo Curry

Jennifer from the The Foster Family Blog (awesome blog btw) has asked to post easy to make recipes for all the busy moms (like there's such a thing as non-busy-moms). So here is my contribution.


OK for those who don't like curry this isn't your typical curry and for those who do, it does have that basic "curresntial' flavor. What I like about it is that its super simple to make and really satisfies hungry (you know, the big orange monster). By the by, may I also mention that I invented it! Yes folks, kid you not. I was actually inspired by a dish my husband had liked when we were travelling in India.




Here's how it goes.


Ingredients -


• 2 Cups of whole milk organic yoghurt


• 15 Ounces of garbanzo (chickpeas)


• 1 lb. large (or small) organic shrimps


• 5 Cloves of garlic (well chopped)


• 2 tsp. Salt


• 1/2 tsp. Crushed pepper


• 1 tsp. Ground cumin


• 4 Plum tomatoes


• Juice of half a lemon






Here is the super easy way to cook it






• Take a large bowl and throw in the yoghurt, cumin powder, salt, lemon juice and only half of the garlic cloves (chopped well). Mix it up!


• Now take only half of the mixture and add the shrimps (washed, peeled and de-tailed [no pun intended of course]). Mix well and refrigerate for 15 minutes.


• Meanwhile, steal a chance to put a large pan on a flame, add 2 tbsp. olive oil and throw in the remaining garlic.


• Add the garbanzo and pepper and stir for 4 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and salt. Let this cook for 5 more minutes on lower heat (cover it up). Voila! Your Shrimp Garbanzo Curry is ready.


Just to add a little twist I throw in little spaghetti action. This makes the meal more wholesome and complete.


Here’s what you do.


Boil the spaghetti according to the directions on the packet.


Just add some dried basil leaves (yum!) along with the salt and oil when you boil it. When done, take it off the stove, drain and add it in the pan with the shrimp curry, mix well and cook for another minute. Garnish with sprigs of fresh coriander or spring onions (this makes it oh so fresh).


The last and final step is to devour it. Note to self: make some for yourself soon!


{Picture courtsey http://www.myrecipes.com/}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet

My photo
I started blogging only after my twin boys turned a year old. Here I am recapturing the special moments and attempting to create new ones that make my life even more amazing. Why I didn't start before this? Well, I was busy traveling and discovering the fun life with twins and also catching up on my sleep when I got the time.

Followers

Meet These Bloggers

Blog Archive